Saturday, July 12, 2014

Morningside

This week I'd like to give some recognition to my alma mater, Morningside College. Since they were kind enough to mention me in their latest issue of the alumni magazine, I'm returning the favor.
 I spent four good years at this small college in Sioux City, Iowa. I wouldn't be half the person I am today without those four years of education, friendship and discovery.
I want to thank my former professors for their patience as they tried to give me some understanding of how much I still had (and have) to learn. They imparted much wisdom and insight to someone who had none at the time (and could still use more).

It's been a while since I was there and I want to go back. I've been told that I'll hardly recognize the campus, which is probably true. I dug out an old photo from back in the day (I'll just keep the year to myself).
Charles City and Lewis Hall

I met my future husband at Morningside. I got to be an assistant editor of the campus newspaper and a DJ on the campus radio station. I made a lot of good friends.
I learned a few things, too.

Thank you, Morningside!

No comments:

Post a Comment