Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blurbs

This week I started trying to write blurbs for the second novel, and that's proving to be almost as hard as coming up with a cover image. I need short descriptions for two places: the back cover and the Amazon page. Each one has to make the reader want to read the story without giving away too much or being too wordy. (Try it yourself! Summarize your favorite novel in four or five compelling sentences.)

For Outsider, I gave it a lot of thought and then scribbled a bunch of words and phrases on a piece of paper without really thinking about them. Once I had the main points written down, I tried to put those into coherent sentences. (If you want to see what I came up with, click on the image of Outsider to the right, which will take you to the Amazon page for it.)

I have a good idea about the first part of the blurb for Another Shot, but the rest is proving elusive. I'll keep working on it.

I've also started what might be the last proofread. This one might take a while because I want to be very careful not to miss anything.

By the way, how did it get to be September??

No comments:

Post a Comment