Saturday, May 3, 2014

Character Review

What do you think about some of my characters? Do you ever wonder what other people think about them? I know I do.

Fortunately, one of my friends decided to share his thoughts with me earlier this year after he read Another Shot. With his kind permission, I will repeat some of them here. See if you agree.

       "Anyway, I like the characters of Hawkins, who I think someone should hit with
     a baseball bat so he won't do something else stupid, and Lamont. I like Lamont
     because of his understated, introverted (at least it seems to me) reaction to stuff.
     Doesn't get all freaked out about stuff. As I said, I think Hawkins should be tranq
     darted. I would have fired his ass if I was the captain, but that's me. Charging off
     like an idiot. Dude. Pruitt is also interesting. A bit tortured, but still. Also the
     Bartucci ... has some sarcasticness to him that I dig."

I enjoyed that. I think my friend Bill mostly nailed it, although I wouldn't be quite as harsh on Hawkins as he is.

Do you agree? Do you think Lamont should fire Hawkins? Is Puitt too tortured? And what about the others?

Feel free to leave comments. I'd love to hear what you think!

And thanks again, Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment