Saturday, August 30, 2014

Adjustments

As it turns out, my last blog post showed a little foresight: the artist asked me this week if she could make an adjustment to the image I requested. At first I was resistant, but then I remembered writing that I would be flexible and decided I'd better live up to those words, so I asked her to show me an example. She had a few photos she'd taken to give me an idea of what she was describing. As she explained her thinking behind the slight change, I began to see what she meant. Gradually, I realized that she might be onto something. We agreed that she would tone it down a little but try for that effect ... so I was able to be flexible after all.

The two of us also signed a contract, so it's official now. I think that's a relief for both of us because she can concentrate on the image she's creating and I can concentrate on the novel without worrying about the image. That part's in her hands now.

The words are still my responsibility, though, so I need to keep working on those. I've made a lot of adjustments and changes, but I'm not convinced it's quite ready yet so I'll keep working on it until I'm happy with it.

Stay tuned!

And happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment