Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer

It's Summer! (I know it's felt like summer in some places for quite a while, but now the calendar agrees with the weather.)

Summer is good and bad, I know, but I prefer to think of it the same way I think of Spring Training for the Cubs: anything is possible and you might as well bask in it before ugly reality hits. Ha, ha. Okay, maybe not "ugly" reality, but reality anyway.

Among your other plans for the summer, you might want to look up occasionally and remind yourself that there are humans soaring over our heads daily, gazing down at this incredibly beautiful planet and realizing how amazingly lucky they are to be aboard the International Space Station. We might not be able to join them, but we can either see the view from the station (through the link in my May 17 blog) or we can actually see the station itself! I've done it twice so far and it's really worth it! I was surprised at how exciting it was to see a gold-colored dot of light soar over my head and to recognize that there were people up there. The station can be seen with the naked eye. No binoculars or scopes are necessary. For details on how to spot it, go here: http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

Otherwise, have a safe and wonderful summer. May it live up to all of its promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment